UOSSM USA Launches Fundraising Campaign to Provide Food to Needy Syrian Families in Ramadan
Imagine if after a long day of fasting, you do not know if you will have food to break your fast on. Hundreds of thousands of Syrians in northwest Syria experience this every single day. Please help us fight hunger, improve the health and well-being, and ease the suffering of those families. Innocent lives are depending on us. Please click here to support this initiative.
Triplets Delivered in UOSSM Supported Abeen Samaan Hospital
Triplets were delivered in UOSSM supported Abeen Samaan Hospital in the month of March. The mother, eight months pregnant, came to the hospital complaining of constant contractions. The babies, Abd Al Ilah, Zakaria, and Zaynab, two boys and one girl, were delivered. They have since been discharged and are now home and in good health.
UOSSM Implements Polio Campaign in Idlib Governorate
In response to the polio outbreak in northwest Syria, UOSSM, in collaboration with the Syria Immunization Group (SIG), and WHO and UNICEF, for technical support and supervision, will implement a polio campaign to achieve immunity among the resident and displaced children in the community against the Polio virus, types 1 and 3. The targeted age group of the campaign is children under the age of five, in all accessible areas in Idlib and surrounding areas in northwest Syria
UOSSM Signs Agreement with Gaziantep Health Directorate to Operate Mental Health Center In Al Bab, Syria
On March 29, UOSSM signed an agreement with the Gaziantep Health Directorate to begin operating a mental health center that includes a hospitalization unit in Al Bab in northwest Syria. The goal is to promote access to a complete package of mental health and psychosocial support services to treat acute mental disorders through the following:
- Hospitalization unit for acute mental disorders.
- Outpatient clinic that provides treatment intervention by MHGap psychiatrists for mild to moderate cases.
- Individual interventions in accordance with individual mental health programs by the mental health team.
- Mobile team targeting the community of Al Bab and surrounding areas.
UOSSM Turkey Distributes Over 5000 Winter Kits
Thanks to our supporters, UOSSM Turkey distributed winterization kits to over 5000 families in displacement camps in northwest Syria. The winterization kits included food baskets, tents, blankets and hygiene kits, with the goal of alleviating their suffering, fighting malnutrition and strengthening their immunity, and providing them with sanitary essentials, especially against COVID19. Thank you to all who supported this initiative. Together, we are saving lives and building hope.
Impact Story- Omar
Did you know?
Since 2012, UOSSM has been providing emergency medical relief and healthcare services to the Syrian people affected by the crisis, working primarily inside Syria and with Syrian refugees in Turkey. Mental Health in the Syrian crisis is something we care deeply about.
- UOSSM provided medical services to almost 1 million people in Syria and Turkey
- UOSSM provided primary health care services to over 582,000 people
- UOSSM provided protection services to over 55,000 people
- UOSSM provided over 281,000 beneficiaries with nutrition services focused on
women and children
- UOSSM Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Services provided care to over 34,000 people
- UOSSM Bab Al Hawa Hospital provided health care services to over 1 million patients since establishment through the end of 2019
UOSSM USA is a US federally tax-exempt non-profit 501(c)(3) Charitable Humanitarian organization. Tax-Exempt. Tax ID 47-3403988. All donations to UOSSM USA are fully deductible from taxes to the greatest extent permitted by law. Charitable Solicitation Disclosures available on our website: www.uossm.us
Copyright © *2021* *UOSSM USA, All rights reserved.