Dallas, Texas- The Alzerbeh Primary Health Care Center was directly targeted today, August 30, 2019, at 5:30 p.m. Damascus time with two airstrikes, putting it out of service. No casualties were reported as the center was closed today. The center was completely destroyed. The PHC was located in the Aleppo countryside. This marks the 49th medical facility to be attacked since April 28.
Since April 28, 2019:
- At least 892 civilians have been killed including at least 226 children and 179 women.
- Over 1912 civilians have been injured.
- Over 750,000 people have been internally displaced in North Western Syria.
- At least 49 medical facilities have been bombed, 30 aid workers have been killed and 40 have been wounded.
- Five ambulances were hit by different airstrikes while serving patients, killing eight staff.
- Eight water facilities were destroyed.
Dr. Khaula Sawah, Vice President of UOSSM USA said, “There is no end in sight to these war crimes. Innocent civilians are under attack and they need these medical facilities to receive life-saving care. It is unbelievable that 49 medical facilities have been attacked in three months with complete impunity. Today, thousands of Syrian civilians took to the streets calling on the UN and the international community to apply the charters guaranteeing protection of civilians, and also calling on the international community for humanitarian intervention, which was a resolution of the UNGA “Uniting for Peace” resolution 377 A, which states that the international community can intervene in an impending humanitarian disaster such as the case in northwest Syria. We implore the international community to take such action immediately.”
*Numbers are constantly changing due to situation on the ground.